Don’t neglect your loungeroom next time you book a professional carpet cleaner. Ensure your loungeroom is looking and feeling fantastic by booking an upholstery cleaning service with the Carpet Surgeon on the Gold Coast.
We often forget to regularly engage in upholstery cleaning here on the Gold Coast. It’s usually the carpets that are front of mind when customers consider having a professional clean done. Tenants requiring an end of lease clean, and property owners with families and pets, are usually the people who maintain their carpets the most. Ideally, giving your carpets a thorough clean every 12 months will ensure their longevity.
But what about upholstery?
More often than not, you only remember to scrub upholstery once it becomes visibly dirty and stained. The issue with this method is that upholstery actually becomes unhygienic and unsafe before it is viewed as “dirty.”
Hiding beneath the surface of your seemingly clean sofa is dust, allergens, mites, and skin cells. This is where it’s important to realise there is a difference between clean and sanitary. Clean means free from dirt and debris, whereas sanitary means free from bacteria. The Carpet Surgeon can both clean and sanitise your upholstery, leaving you breathing a breath of fresh air by the time we leave.
To extend your furniture’s life and improve the health of your family, make sure to book an upholstery clean every 6 – 12 months. Upholstery cleaning prolongs the life of your furniture and removes allergy-causing pathogens.
What types of upholstery cleaning services do we offer?
We can clean and sanitise any furniture with fabric or leather coverings. This includes:
- Lounge suites
- Dining chairs and bar stools
- Car seats and interiors
- Boat seats and carpet
- Pillows and cushions
Fabrics vary from item to item, and some are definitely easier to clean than others. Nevertheless, all upholstery can benefit from regular professional cleans, whether it’s:
- Or any other fabric type
At Carpet Surgeon, we are particularly passionate about leather care, as when leather is maintained properly it will last up to 4 times longer than fabric or manmade fibres. Many people who own leather lounges do not consider leather cleaning and protection to be as important as fabric. They mistakenly think that spills, dust, and grime won’t soak into the leather as it would in other materials. Over time, leather can crack and dry out and stains can become more and more difficult to remove.
One of the best defences you have against stains ruining the look and feel of your leather furniture is a good commercial leather cleaner. We highly recommend that this is followed up with a strong leather protector…
And if it’s fabric you’re looking to protect…
- Spraying your valuable investment with Rino Shield Fabric Protector will ensure a longer life for your furniture
- Rino Shield places a protective layer on your fabric furniture. This helps to repel spills, stains, and soil
- Simply wipe away spills with this truly remarkable water-based protection
- Your furniture will remain cleaner and newer for longer
Why is regular upholstery cleaning important?
As we know, hidden bacteria and dirt can cause adverse health implications. Upholstered surfaces naturally collect pollutants, dust mites, and allergens. These can include mould, bacteria, and certain viruses which are then released into the atmosphere when somebody sits down. While vacuuming and wiping the fabric down yourself can prevent major problems, it will not solve the issues. Regular deep upholstery cleaning removes many more of these organisms than a simple surface clean can.
There are 5 specific reasons why regular upholstery cleaning is important.
- Health: Cleaning the fibres of your upholstery thoroughly means that the bacteria and other pollutants won’t have the chance to cause allergies and illness. This is particularly important if anyone in the household is particularly sensitive to dust or mould.
- Air quality and odours: For most households, the loungeroom is where they spend the most amount of time. This means that there is significant potential for stains to occur and bacteria to get into your upholstery. Moving around on these surfaces releases not only the allergens into the air, but strong odours along with them.
- Appearance: Families with kids and pets are definitely more prone to ugly stains on furniture, but the reality is that anyone with upholstery is likely to suffer from unsightly stains. It is simply the nature of having soft, fabric covered surfaces in the home. Clean upholstery can drastically improve the overall feel and cleanliness of your home environment.
- Longevity: Furniture can be expensive, so it’s important that it is maintained and cleaned to prolong its life and make the investment worth it. Regular upholstery cleans can also reduce the regular wear and tear.
- Durability: Along with extending the life of your furniture, you want it to be durable and able to withstand the day to day activities of your family in the home. Faded and thinking furniture is ugly, uncomfortable, and definitely unwanted. Maintaining your fabric through upholstery cleaning is key in ensuring durability.
Why you shouldn’t attempt upholstery cleaning yourself
Most store-bought fabric cleaners promise the world but fail to deliver. Trying to remove a soaked in stain like red wine or chocolate from a light-coloured fabric lounge will be almost impossible on your own…
At The Carpet Surgeon Carpet Cleaning we specialise in restoring the freshness of all your upholstered furniture. Upholstery should be cleaned at least once every year – this will help to increase its longevity and maintain freshness year-round. We use only quality cleaning solutions during our hot water extraction cleaning process. Whether you need…
- mattress cleaning,
- upholstery protection,
- tile and grout cleaning,
- leather lounge cleaning,
- dry cleaning,
- or other upholstery services…
- … we can help!
With our satisfaction guarantee, you won’t be disappointed. For quality cleaning services through the Gold Coast, give our cleaning team a call today!
Why trust The Carpet Surgeon the Gold Coast’s number 1 upholstery cleaner?
Our experienced technicians will be able to identify the upholstery fabric and stain to ensure they are applying an appropriate pre-treatment. We only use quality and professional cleaning products. A hot water rinse is used to force the exposed dirt and soil from the fabric giving a superior clean.
As a professional cleaning company, we also specialise in odour removal.
Which areas does The Carpet Surgeon provide upholstery cleaning services on the Gold Coast?
The Carpet Surgeon has an excellent reputation as the best carpet and upholstery cleaning service on the Gold Coast. We service all areas, from:
- Upper Coomera
And down to the southern end too.
Our skills, knowledge, and highly rated professional services comes from more than 10 years of experience. We only use the best machinery and strive to give you the best possible service.
Give us a call on (07) 5502 9217 today to give your upholstery a professional clean and a fresh new lease on life.